Sunday, January 18, 2015

What Do You Like Most About Yourself?

I have made it a habit to write a daily journal entry. Sometimes my journals are very generic, and only mention a few highs and lows of my day. Other times my journals are extensively long and full of details and emotions. Sometimes I will find myself writing so quickly, that I don't realize what I am writing, or if it even makes sense. I write down everything that pops into my head. I notice that I do this after going back to old journal entries and rereading them.
Not too long ago, I had one of those days where I wrote just to write. I was not writing inspired events or details. I was writing raw thoughts. I remember sitting upstairs at my sister's desk, and I had previously given my granny her morning medicine. I remember needing a compliment, but the only way I would be satisfied would be if the compliment came from myself. Typically I try hard to carry my heart with humility. I hold great admiration for people who are humble. But there are some days where you have to tell yourself that you're fantastic. That is exactly what I did in my journal that day; in the worst handwriting ever, and with no title or introduction, I wrote down a list of ten things I like about myself. I scribbled down the first ten things that popped into my head, without putting analysis or effort into the ten details. 

Here is my list:
1. I am not like other girls.
2.Everything that I care about, I care for with my whole heart.
3. I have a pure soul that only one person will have the opportunity to have it shared with through God. 
4. I am beautiful; and I will have beautiful children.
5. I work hard to achieve any goal I develop for myself.
6. I am blessed with an intelligent mind from The Ultimate intelligent mind of our universe. 
7. I desire a life of virtue and humility; I will have it.
8. I am athletic, and nothing will ever hold me back physically.
9. I have a chance to experience endless cultures, places, foods, people, and love.
10. I have two beautiful families that would do anything in the world for me and to see me smile; my earthly family with three brothers and two sisters, and my heavenly and divine family with the Sacred heart of Jesus and the Immaculate heart of Mary. 

This is exactly how I wrote the list. Some may not make sense. Others are probably not grammatically correct. Still others sound highly conceited, but I love these things about myself. It is so cheesy what I did. Naturally, I encourage anyone who reads this to do it too. Write down ten things you love most about yourself. 
My sister Katie and I made lists for each other as well, and hearing the real reasons why my best friend thinks so highly of me was somewhat astonishing. So write a list for your best friend too. You may be surprised that some of your most prized characteristics are waiting to be unveiled by you. 

Cheers,
D

No comments:

Post a Comment