Saturday, November 22, 2014

For Dad

I know that this blog post is a little bit early, but in honor of my dad's 50TH BIRTHDAY, I decided to write him a poem. This blog post isn't long, but I hope you enjoy this dad.

Gathering of Gifts
You give me soft chords of acoustic guitar strumming.
You give me a teddy bear with a gold trimmed uniform from Germany.
You give me animated voices of Aslan, Mr. Tumnus, Gandalf, and Sam Wise.
You give me stiff whiskers grazing over soft cheeks.
You give me miniature men coated in frosting laid on a Santa plate.
You give me a smoking gas grill overlooking misty mountains.
You give me chlorine saturated hair.
You give me mud caked sweaty sneakers.
You give me a five-speed lacking power steering.
You give me popping bacon over a glowing eye.
You give me white leather binding with thin pages of ancient print concealed.
You give me wooden beads linked together with tan twine rope.
You give me dances on a hard wood kitchen floor to Chicago.
You give me a shore, breaking and bubbling at dawn.
You give me dew dripping from the pines of spruce.
You give me an open mouthed grin.
You give me batting curled eyelashes.
You give me folded hands resting on an oak kneeler.

You give me a desire for daughters of my own. 

I love you dad. Happy Birthday<3

2 comments: